Monday, October 6, 2014

Copic Markers for Card Makers - Day 6


In day 6 of Copic Markers for card makers we learned how to color critters. The two examples I have are dogs and foxes. 

While it's always acceptable to color a critter a natural color, I don't see why you wouldn't want to color a dog any color of the rainbow, so I did.  In the first two examples I used non-traditional colors, in this lesson we learned how to use the colorless blender to remove excess color from your project. You can see an example of that in the first turquoise dog where I used the colorless blender to make spots.  
On the last dog "Sox" I used the colorless blender to remove color from her left paw (right when we're looking at her) and I gave her snout a few freckles too. 
My ideas for Sox come from my very own dog Sox who is 15 years old, here is a photo of her at the right. I just realized, I gave her wrong paw the white sock. Ooops. I'm sure she will forgive me, specially if I give her a scratch or two behind her ear. :) 
Here are the foxes I colored, again I removed some color for highlights and color variances in their coats. They're adorable aren't they? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution to Designs by TC.