Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Copic Markers for Card Makers - Day 7

Today we learned how to work with difficult colors such as black and white. The reason these colors are difficult to use is because they are either under saturated or over saturated with color and difficult to give dimension to.

The first image we colored was a flower. I used red, which was the second example in the lesson. I didn't have the colors to create a white flower. Once I obtain them, I am going to give it a try and I will post them here. Because the two colors of red were so far apart on the color spectrum, I decided to blend them together on an acrylic block to get a happy medium.


The second image we colored was this cute little Robot Vampire. Isn't this just something that a child would want to be for Halloween? Sometimes it's too difficult to choose between two, so lets do both!  

This photo shows how we were able to use shades of black/gray to give more dimension to the image.  It also taught us how the use of different grays will look like completely different colors by using a warm gray next to a cool gray. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution to Designs by TC.