Thursday, March 12, 2015

You've Been On My Mind


I've been making cards to send to my niece who is away at Army Boot Camp. Today I made the card above.

I used the Simon Says Stamp Flowers on My Mind Stamp Set

First I used Color Box's Artichoke by Stephanie Barnard to stamp in the stems and leaves onto Neenah Polar White Cardstock. 













Then I used Sky to stamp the large and medium flowers, banana and mustard in the center of the blue flowers. I then I used the three dots to give the idea of small yellow flowers in the background.

Finally I stamped the sentiment "you've been on my mind" in the upper right corner.


Next I trimmed the edges of the card to allow for a light blue background to frame the floral.



I wanted to keep this card flat, so I used Tombow Permanent Tape Runner to adhere the stamped card to a light blue card base that measures 5-1/2 x 4-1/4".

Next, I cut two pieces of yellow ribbon, one 6-1/2 " long and a second 3-1/2" long.  I tied the short length of yellow ribbon around the longer length of ribbon then again using Tomboy Permament adhesive I secured it to the right side of the light blue base next to the stamped card stock and wrapping the long ribbon around and securing it to the back.

Cut a piece of Neena Solar Yellow card stock in half so that it measures  a 11" x 4-1/4". Score the card base at the 5-1/2" (or half way point), fold in half then adhere the light blue decorated card front to the card base.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution to Designs by TC.