Friday, March 6, 2015

Coffee Cozies and Matching Gift Tags

Today I would like to share with you a coffee cup cozy and gift tag. These are perfect for  upcoming holidays and such as Secret Santa gifts, stocking stuffers or a little something that could be added to a coffee gift basket.

I made the tag by using the Stamps of Life Coffee Cup Dies by cutting out the lid by lining up the green paper along the top of the die, then stamping it with Stamps of Life matching Coffee4Two cup stamp by only inking the top of the stamp in  I then cut out a full Coffee Cup Die using craft card stock. I then used the "Love You A Latte" Stamps from Lawn Fawn to stamp the sentiment 'for you" using VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad and heat emossed it with white embossing powder. I then stamped the "to and from" using Birthday Tags from Simon Says Stamp.

The coffee cozy was made using Paper Tray Ink's Coffee Cozy Dies and Coffee Cozy Details. I first cut out the coffee cozy, the tree detail die and then the tree hole punch die directly onto the coffee cozy. By doing this, it allows me to sew through the felt material using a  This allows me to attach the tree cut out directly to the front of the cozy.  stitched it together using dark brown embroidery floss using a running stitch. Before finishing up the right side, I included in the tree tag in the seam before sewing it up.



View blog post for supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution to Designs by TC.