Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Copic Markers for Card Makers - Day 1

Yesterday I started taking an online class called: Copic Markers for Card Makers. I will give more information about the class below, but first I'd like to share about Copic Markers.

Copic Markers they are wonderfully markers with a paint tip on one end and a chisel tip on the opposite end of the barrel. They make blending colors and adding shadows pretty easy once you know some of the tricks.

Another benefit of Copic Markers is that the nibs and ink can be replaced/refilled, therefore once you have purchased the barrel, the markers are yours for life. I have to admit, they are an investment initially, but I have found that some of the scrapbook/craft stores in my area will refill the markers for you for $1.00 - $2.00 and they last a very long time.

On Monday I started The Copic Markers for Card Makers. After watching the videos, which are available for me to return to after purchasing the class at any time. I can return in 1 month or 2 years later and still have access to the videos.


 I started out filling in my Copic Marker color chart so I could see exactly which colors I have and what they look like on the paper I am using in class.

The next video I learned about Copics numbering system and what the colors mean, how they can be used together, etc.  I found this extremely helpful.

Next I viewed the videos about blending colors, color combinations that are known to work well together and was also encouraged to try my own combinations.

Here is my worksheet. I didn't have the exact colors being used in class, but that wasn't a problem, with the information provided to me on how to read the color numbering system, I was able to come up with my own combinations. I was very pleased with the out come of my worksheet.

Above my worksheet, you'll see strips of white paper that I tried my combinations out on before adding them to my worksheet.  This is a great way to make sure that the colors will work well together before making a mistake on your actual project.

Tomorrow I will post about day two of my class. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution to Designs by TC.