Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Copic Markers for Card Makers - Day 2

On day 2 of class, we learned about blending colors that are from different color families, how to blend tip to tip (who knew that doing this would not ruin my Copic markers!?!?) We also learned how to combine colors using an acrylic block.

We practiced on bird images first:

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of birds and I think it reflects in my coloring, but the techniques I learned are invaluable.







I also colored some butterflies which I really enjoyed coloring.  Each of these I had a difficult time limiting myself to 3 colors, so I didn't.  I really liked the way these came out and I am looking forward to putting the techniques to use on cards.

Tomorrow, on Day 3 we will be working on shading using gray. I can't wait!  :)

Thanks for visiting and I hope you return tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution to Designs by TC.