Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Welcome!

I have been dabbling in paper crafts for years and put it all away for a while when I got interested in making jewelry, then into lampworking (melting rods of glass over a mixed fueled torch onto a stainless steel mandrel coated with bead release to make glass beads).  The photo at the left is a necklace I made. The colorful flowers and leaves are made of glass then they were wire wrapped onto copper foundation forms to make a bright statement necklace.

Recently my family has gone through some illnesses that require me to be able to drop everything and attend to them at a moments notice. Unfortunately glass work requires uninterrupted time to finish a bead before it can be placed into a glass kiln to be annealed.

With paper crafts I am able to leave immediately, then to return to my project when I have time. I have found that I am getting a lot of joy out of creating cards and some free-hand drawing. 

It's just mid-September and I am already done making my Christmas Cards for the year. Here is a peek of one of my prototype Christmas cards.



I still need to address them and write to friends and relatives who live far away, but I am confident I will have time to get them done in plenty of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution to Designs by TC.